The digestive system made up of the gastrointestinal tract (GI), liver, pancreas, and gallbladder helps the body digest food. Digestion is important for breaking down food into nutrients, which your body uses for energy, growth, and cell repair.
... More on Digestive disorders »
Causes of Digestive disorders
The health of your digestive system has a lot to do with lifestyle — the food you eat, the amount of exercise you get, and the pace and stress level of your day. However, some digestive diseases, such as those discussed
... More Causes of Digestive disorders »
Causes List for Digestive disorders
Some possible causes of Digestive disorders or similar disorders may include:3
- AA amyloidosis (Malabsorption)
- AL amyloidosis (Malabsorption)
- ATR-X syndrome (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Aagenaes syndrome (Malabsorption)
- Abdominal adhesions (complete intestinal obstruction, intestinal obstruction)
- Abetalipoproteinemia (Malabsorption)
- Abrin Poisoning ...
Types of Digestive disorders
- 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
- Aagenaes syndrome
- Accessory pancreas
- Achalasia microcephaly syndrome
- Acrodermatitis enteropathica
- Acute fatty liver of pregnancy
- Agenesis of the dorsal pancreas
- Al-Gazali-Donnai-Mueller syndrome
- ALG2-CDG (CDG-Ii)
- ALG6-CDG (CDG ...
Prevention of Digestive disorders
Can the damage to the digestive system from smoking be reversed?
Quitting smoking can reverse some of the effects of smoking on the digestive system. For example, the balance between factors that harm and protect the stomach and duodenum lining
... Prevention of Digestive disorders »
• • •
- Source: NIDDK (NIH): niddk.nih.gov/ health-information/ digestive-diseases
- Source: NCBI, Genes and Disease (NCBI/NIH): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ books/ NBK22172/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NIDDK (NIH): niddk.nih.gov/ health-information/ digestive-diseases/ smoking-digestive-system
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.