Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
Lower Respiratory Tract Infections: An acute or chronic, viral or bacterial infectious process that affects the lower respiratory tract.
... More on Lower Respiratory Tract Infections »
• • •
Back to: « Respiratory Tract Infections
Symptoms of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
Lower respiratory tract infections, particularly pneumonia, can be more severe. Lower respiratory tract infections are more likely to cause fever, dyspnea, or chest pain than upper respiratory tract infections. Cough is often present in either upper or lower tract infections
... More Symptoms of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections »
Specific Causes of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
Staphylococcus aureus: The bacterium Staphylococcus aureus is a leading cause of bloodstream, lower respiratory tract, skin, and soft tissue infections because of its particular ability to multiply and persist in host tissues.
...Source: NIAID (NIH)3
... Causes of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections »
Causes List for Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
Some possible causes of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections or similar disorders may include:4
- Immunodeficiency with hyper IgM type 1 (lower respiratory tract infections)
- Immunodeficiency with hyper IgM type 2 (lower respiratory tract infections)
- Immunodeficiency with hyper IgM type 5 ...
Types of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
Lower respiratory tract infections Common lower RTIs include:
- flu - which can affect either the upper or lower respiratory tract
- bronchitis - infection of the airways
- pneumonia - infection of the lungs
- bronchiolitis - an infection of the small airways that affects babies and ...
See also related information on diagnosis:
See also the following treatment articles:
See also causal information:
- Causes of Respiratory tract infection
- Causes of Pneumonia
- Causes of Lung infection
- Causes of Bronchitis
- Causes of Atypical Pneumonia
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: NCI Thesaurus
- Source: CDC Yellow Book 2016: cdc.gov/ travel/ yellowbook/ 2016/ the-pre-travel-consultation/ respiratory-infections
- Source: NIAID (NIH): niaid.nih.gov/ research/ additional-way-s-aureus-evades-immune-system-attacks
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.