Lung Diseases and Conditions:
Breathing is a complex process. If injury, disease, or other factors affect any part of the process, you may have trouble breathing.
For example, the fine hairs (cilia) that line your upper airways may not trap all of the germs you breathe in. These germs can
... More on Lung Symptoms »
Diagnosis of Lung Symptoms
Certain tests and procedures are used to detect (find) and diagnose health problems in the lung. These and other tests and procedures may be used to detect or diagnose lung late effects:
- Physical exam and history : An exam of the ...
Specific Causes of Lung Symptoms
Sjögren's syndrome: Sometimes Sjögren's syndrome can affect the lungs and cause problems such as:
Causes List for Lung Symptoms
Possible causes of Lung Symptoms (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- AAT deficiency (lung disease)
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (lung condition)
- Acute chest syndrome (lung disease)
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (Lung Diseases, pulmonary condition)
- Airborne allergies (lung disease)
- Air Pollution Exposure (lung disease)
- Allergies (lung disease)
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (lung ...
Clinical Features of Lung Symptoms
Signs or symptoms of LCH that affects the lung may include:
- Collapsed lung. This condition can cause chest pain or tightness, trouble breathing, feeling tired, and a bluish color to the skin.
- Trouble breathing, especially in adults who smoke.
- Dry cough ...
Prevention of Lung Symptoms
Health habits that promote healthy lungs are important for survivors of childhood cancer. Childhood cancer survivors with lung late effects should take care to protect their health, including:
Source: NCI (NIH)4
... Prevention of Lung Symptoms »
• • •
- Source: NHLBI (NIH): nhlbi.nih.gov/ health/ health-topics/ topics/ hlw/ condition
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ sjogrens-syndrome/ complications/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NCI (NIH): cancer.gov/ types/ childhood-cancers/ late-effects-pdq
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.